Missing fonts with english client

Тема в разделе "Discussion", создана пользователем r4v3n666, 18 июн 2022.

1. r4v3n666

r4v3n666 Участник

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Hi I'm trying to join the server for first time with a new account but I can't run the game, I think I have some missing fonts or something.

I'm running L2 on linux (manjaro) with wine and default config (that works for me in other servers). I have installed Tahoma and all windows fonts, but when I try to run the game:
    1- The updater check files, update and etc just fine, I have marked english flag.
    2- Game executes ask my credentials, which works just fine
    3- I agree and all that stuff but in next window I stop reading texts, please see the image.
    [​IMG]
    I tryed click the boxes but theres no way that the game starts.
    top button shows me 3 boxes with no fonts, no matter what select, the only button working is to logout

2. ДнищеДна

ДнищеДна крестьянин Супер Герой

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Род занятий:
    Прокрастина́ция
    There are problems now, and on 3 June I was able to go in. Wine Staging has been updated several times during this time. I guess Wine broke the WMI operation.

P.S. How did you set the fonts? I'm fine.

3. r4v3n666

r4v3n666 Участник

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    do you know a wine version that works? I can switch version. Also if you know which fonts are required to manually installing, I think the missing texts is for something about fonts. Installing Tahoma fixed some texts, but still missing the ones in the picture.
    I've installed this package (for manjaro): https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/ttf-ms-win10-auto But I think every distribution has a similar package. Be sure that is called ms-win10 because there is another one which don't have tahoma and other fonts included:
    ttf-ms-core: only a few fonts
    ttf-ms-win10: all windows 10 fonts (you need to manuallly copy fonts from a windows install)
    ttf-ms-win10-auto: all windows 10 fonts with autodownload (you dont need anything else, just install and go)

4. ДнищеДна

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Род занятий:
    Прокрастина́ция
    Now I'm trying it through the launchers, I don't want to downgrade Wine. But Lineage 2 lunchers don't like Bottles, for example.

Installing fonts simply through repositories is not always a workable way, the most reliable is through winetricks

5. r4v3n666

r4v3n666 Участник

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    I've reinstalled everything, fonts and etc with winetricks and same result. I don't think is a problem of wine, I play in another clients with even less configuration and works fine. Problem is that screen, is not loading fonts, should be another different than windows fonts. Just tested with all fonts from winetricks.

Thanks anyway I will keep playing on the other server with older client, until I can find a working solution for godworld client.

6. ДнищеДна

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Род занятий:
    Прокрастина́ция
    Weird, even switched to English now, all the text is there.

7. r4v3n666

r4v3n666 Участник

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    I find the problem! is in fonts permissions (weird). Using wnetricks or playonlinux to download Tahoma was downloading a locked font, just changed owner permissions to r/w and I can see all texts.

8. r4v3n666

r4v3n666 Участник

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    this happens on wine 6+ , I figure it out rolling back to wine 5.9. Then tested on wine 7.10 works great.

9. ДнищеДна

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Род занятий:
    Прокрастина́ция
    What version does the game login work on?

10. ДнищеДна

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    Род занятий:
    Прокрастина́ция
    I finally figured out why I couldn't get in, I thought it was the libraries. Turns out GW now needs to be set to Win10 compatibility mode in Wine.

Последнее редактирование: 4 июл 2022
  11. r4v3n666

r4v3n666 Участник

Симпатии:
    Баллы:
    sorry just read this, yes you need win10 compat. Not sure which version number is, atm Im running directly from l2.exe because a problem with updater a gm made a temporary fix for me (had issues to connect to server) and need to wait until is implemented on updater.

Поделиться этой страницей